Low Voltage Qualified
NFPA 70E 8 Hour Qualified Training
Our NFPA 70E training provides a thorough knowledge of the dangers and recommended safe behaviors for those who work daily around electrical hazards. This course goes beyond the theoretical to give attendees a complete understanding of regulations regarding electrical and arc flash safety and how to apply them in real-world situations. The course also details differences contained in the 2012 NFPA 70E standard from the 2009 version. Our arc flash training is the most complete in the industry without spending hours reading through OSHA and NFPA 70E regulations. We digest the information critical to the electrical worker and safety professional and put it in a concept-based, adult-learner friendly format that makes it easy to understand, remember and apply.
- Governmental Regulations &Standards
- Electrical Hazards & Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Flash Hazard Assessment
- Safety Related Work Practices
- Workplace Safety
- General Rules
- Staying Safe
Additional Outline Items:
- Practical compliance with NFPA 70E 2012 Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- How to do table-based hazard assessments using NFPA 70E 2012.
- How to choose personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the NFPA 70E tables.
- Differences between the NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E 2012 and OSHA standards.
- PPE do’s and don’ts for workers exposed to shock and electric arc hazards.
- Standards to use in clothing and PPE selection.
- Explanations of Arc Ratings, ATPV, EBTAS and EBT, and how they are applied.
- The ins and outs of flame resistant, arc-rated (FR) clothing and other shock and arc PPE.
- Client to provide all training facilities whether onsite or offsite to accommodate trainees, trainers and equipment.
- Client to provide Ethernet connection.